GlobalCarTalk.com
Sign in to follow this  
daniel

Audi e-tron vs. Tesla - experiences?

Any prior Tesla owners here? What made you decided to switch and how do you compare the e-tron to your prior Tesla?

Test drove the e-Tron yesterday and loved it. But I’m new to EVs and am wondering which one to get. Or maybe just get another ICE.

I can just say, once u own a EV, you never whant to go back to ICE. So forget ICE cars from now  i own a Etron, my college a Tesla, and for my needs to have hitch 1500kg and dog, the etron is good, if i did not need that, the models S is my choice.

Had a Tesla 90D S. Changed to Audi because of quality of ride, superior finishing and always a dealer closeby.

do you miss the quick acceleration of the Tesla? I feel like that’s one of the biggest perks of an EV. The e-tron’s acceleration was just ok. Otherwise I liked the “normalness” of the e-tron.

I chose and waited for the etron because of Audi fit and finish. I didn’t like anything about the Tesla. We’ve been Audi owners for 20 years.

We have a 2017 Tesla 75D model S and just got a 2019 E-Tron. Love the fit and finish of the E-Tron and also the quality of ride. On the other hand the Tesla has a lot more power 4.1 zero to 60 vs 5.5 for the E-Tron , a better charging network right now for cross country trips and better range 250 vs 205. Tesla also has a better app. The E-Trons app sucks in my opinion. Flaky connection with the car and you can’t set charge level on the app. Once the E-Tron’s charging network gets built out sufficiently for cross country and the app gets fixed I would give it the edge.

Currently owning a Model S and considering to switch to E-tron.

E-tron plus: design, finish, quality, noise, towcapabilities, comfort, rear seats.

Model S plus: range, range, range, acceleration, one pedal drive, total luggage capacity (frunk!), trip planner with charging locations, supercharger network.

Undecided but still slightly Tesla biassed...